A gift guide for the travel loving person in your life:
I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again for good measure: my number one ambition in life is to travel. Over the last 5 years, I have been extremely blessed when it comes to broadening my horizons as I’ve gotten to explore new places, both nationally and abroad. I’ve loved every minute of it; blisters, language barriers, and all!
I don’t think I’m going out on too much of a limb when I say that everyone knows someone who loves to travel. Whether it’s taking a long weekend trip to New Orleans, a weeklong trek around beautiful Banff with hikes and camping galore, or driving an hour north to that 2-day music festival you’ve been wanting to go to; it’s probably pretty rare to come across anyone completely, 100% sedentary. The following gifts are sure to be appreciated by anyone traveling from here to Timbuktu!
- There’s nothing better than carry on luggage that’s well constructed AND hella cute. (my favorite “humble brag” is that I spent a week in Paris last year and shared a carry on bag with my husband. I’M OFFICIALLY NOT HIGH MAINTENANCE!)
- If you’re like me, you probably have a book with you wherever you go… it’s always frustrating when I only take one book on a flight and finish it before having to fly home with nothing to read. If you have an idiot like me in your life, get that girl an e-reader!
- High end, travel size hair products are a good idea because hotel shampoo usually blows.
- I don’t care where you’re going, you’re probably going to want to have a camera with you.. We have something similar to this and swear by it! It fits in Joel’s pocket and works just as well as (if not better than) our DSLR.
- Collapsible water bottles are the best invention since sliced bread. Stay hydrated and save the environment when you go to Seattle, Sharon!
- Road trip essentials: sweet jams and savory snacks. How cute would it be to wake up to a packed car filled with snacks and cozy blankets and a husband who says “hey, sugarlips, let’s go to Washington D.C. for the weekend!” (Joel, if you’re reading this, don’t call me “sugarlips” ever, but I will accept this as a future grand romantic gesture.)
- A passport holder, toiletries bag, and neck pillow. Badda boom, badda bang! You’re ready to goooooooo!
- I can imagine a million different scenarios where a portable phone charger comes in handy.
- A Personal Pill Pack system? Yes, please! And here’s a list of the best vitamins and supplements to pack for travel… You’re welcome!
- When it comes to general gift giving, you can never go wrong with a gift card. A Southwest Airlines gift card might be just the right push for that stubborn friend to finally book a trip to Burning Man!
Au revoir, Arrivederci, Goodbye!