IT’S WEDDING SEASON!!!
Well, it’s wedding “season” for us anyway. We have 3 to go to in a time span of about a month, and I’m soooo excited for all of them. I. LOVE. WEDDINGS. I’ve had my bridesmaid dress for wedding number 2 (my twin sister’s) for a while now and have been mentally planning what to wear to weddings 1 and 3 for way too long. Like I said, I’m excited!
Picking out what to wear isn’t rocket science, but sometimes it’s hard. If I don’t plan what I’m wearing to a specific event or outfits for a trip far enough in advance, I usually spend an hour or so staring at my closet screaming “I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR” while crying ever-so-dramatically…
Even though the three weddings will be vastly different, I thought I’d give myself (and you, dearest readers!) some general guidelines of what to wear and what NOT to wear to a winter wedding.
How To Dress Yo-self Before You Wreck Yo-self: Winter Wedding Edition.
- You can never go wrong with an all black ensemble. This skater dress with eyelash lace detailing is chic as hell. I can fit a box of leftovers in this black quilted bag. Add a pop of color with a jacket or shoes. Cool!
- I’m always a fan of accessorizing with minimal gold jewelry and Madewell has some of the best I’ve seen.
- Layer up! It was 22 degrees when we took these photos and the fact that I was wearing this bodysuit with tights under my dress was keeping me quite cozy. If I wear this dress to my little brother’s wedding in Texas in February, I’ll probably be able to skip the tights and bodysuit.
- Take advantage of post Christmas sales!!! Joel got a new black suit on the day after Christmas for $71 at Nordstrom Rack.
- If you’re a guy, don’t wear shorts. If you’re a gal, don’t wear white. Easy!
- Ask yourself these questions before buying any garment for a wedding or big event: Can I dance in this? Can I easily pee in this (the bodysuit I’m wearing in these photos is, luckily, very easy to undo!)? Will this look okay in photos? Am I comfortable in this?
- Keep in mind that if you’re a guest at a wedding, it is not your time to shine and it is not your day. Don’t be over the top and don’t worry too much about what you’re wearing.
See now, wasn’t that easy?
Note to self: Louboutins + Tights + Icy sidewalks are a recipe for disaster. WEAR YOUR KATE SPADE BOOTIES BEFORE YOU FALL AND DIE, YOU IDIOT.