WE *JUST ABOUT* DID IT! WE *JUST ABOUT* MADE IT TO OUR FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY (actual date is the 14th), as if anyone ever doubted they’d find us here, ha! It feels like it was just yesterday that we officially became The Blumers in the eyes of both God and the state of Pennsylvania…
It’s pretty funny how quickly we embraced the life of being a boring, old married couple after our honeymoon. Sure we’ve travelled to some cool places since last May (like Toronto and NYC), hosted parties, and explored our city; but our life together as major homebodies is my favorite thing. We spent the first 2.5 years of our relationship mostly separated (I was living in Texas, Joel in PA) as well as the 9 months leading up to our wedding (I was working/living in Ohio), so sorry not sorry that we spend most of our time cuddling on the couch while we binge watch Breaking Bad and The Office on rotation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Hence the “theme” of our first anniversary photo shoot…
A Few Good Mundane Memories:
- the two days after the wedding madness, right before leaving for our honeymoon, when we got to just chill with our families and remaining friends in town.
- the day we got our a/c fixed after what felt like a lifetime of being too sweaty to so much as hug.
- adopting our kittens, who are basically our placeholder children for the next five years.
- decorating for our first Christmas as a married couple and realizing how much our kittens love to ruin/eat most Christmas decor.
- dancing our asses off to our wedding playlist in our living room while cleaning up after a party.
- when we were on our way home late one Friday night and Joel pulled the car over so I could roll down the window and make eye contact with a raccoon in our neighborhood.
- Joel growing his first beard.
After a year, I still get as giddy as a school girl when I hear Joel call me his wife…. He gets bonus points when he says it with a Borat accent.