In case you haven’t noticed the big change I made to my blog recently, I now have a co-author, my vivacious and bubbly cousin, Christina. It is now our blog. I will continue to write essays about whatever pointless/silly things I happen to be thinking about and regularly post about what I’m wearing and why, while Christina might actually teach you something (she’s a total natural at writing DIY posts).
When I read blogs, I tend to favor posts that help me get to know the person I’m reading about. I always crack up when I get to read posts with random facts about people (like this one that my friends wrote), so without further adieu, here are 20 random ass things about us that you didn’t even realize you need to know.
- I like how skunks smell.
- If I could trade places with any fictional character, it’d be Rip Van Winkle because I love sleeping so much.
- I may act like a literary snob, but most of the things I know about literature were learned from the 90’s PBS show, Wishbone.
- I didn’t have cable TV or at-home Internet access growing up, which explains why I watched so much PBS and had to go to the library to keep up with my Myspace correspondents.
- I think that Samson from the Old Testament (you know, of Samson and Delilah) might be my spirit animal because I too feel powerless without my hair extensions.
- I wish I could carry a tune, but am frequently asked to stop every time I begin to sing.
- My husband and I have been together for 6 years, and we’ve still never openly farted in front of each other.
- Eight is my lucky number. No it’s not, I don’t have a lucky number I just couldn’t think of anything to write.
- If I could only listen to 5 bands for the rest of my life they’d be: Abba, ACDC, Styx, Queen, and idk Drake or something.
- I once ate a few bites of undercooked chicken because I didn’t want to hurt the chef’s feelings. I’ve been working on being less passive ever since.
- I’m 27 and I can still do the splits.
- If I could paint my house like a rainbow, I would, but my husband has some say in the matter.
- My hair is always changing color. I prefer fashion colors (pink, purple, silver) over natural ones.
- My right leg is one inch longer than my left.
- When I sneeze or hiccup, it sounds like a squeaky dog toy.
- I was in the hospital the week of my wedding for an emergency gall bladder removal surgery. I honestly thought I was going to get married in the hospital.
- I’m a direct descendant of Henry V (as is Sarah).
- I had both of my children unplanned.
- I play the viola.
- I can have an entire conversation using only movie quotes.
We hope you have a grrrrreat weekend!