Although I don’t really like the idea of sitting down to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and taking turns saying what we’re all thankful for (“I’m thankful to be here with all you dummies”) before we can wolf down some mashed potatoes, I still want to mention what I am thankful for this year. 2016 has been filled with really high ups and really low downs so far, and I think it deserves a bit of reflection.
I’m thankful for:
- a husband who is on board with creating new traditions with me and is okay with the fact that I’ll probably never cook a turkey.
- best friends who laugh at my jokes and always have my back.
- a rewarding and fun 9-5, M-F job.
- kittens who behave like total dickheads sometimes (it grounds us).
- in-laws who not only don’t suck, but that are actually pretty freaking cool. I genuinely love them so much.
- a sister who makes me laugh so hard that I spit out whatever I’m drinking.
- our home (even when it’s a mess).
- did I mention my husband?!
- the opportunity to have seen a little bit more of the world.
- YOU FOOLS WHO ARE READING THIS. I LOVE YOU!
What are you thankful for?