If I had to pick one favorite of my family’s many weird quirks, it’d probably be our ability to communicate using solely obscure movie quotes. From big blockbusters like Titanic to the underrated classic 2002 film The New Guy (which scored 7% on Rotten Tomatoes); you name it we probably quote it. My dad and twin sister can quote movies back and forth all day just to make each other laugh. Today I’m going to share with you some of our favorites and how to use them in everyday life. Maybe you’ll get a giggle out of a stranger, but you’ll most likely get a look that says WTF are you talking about.
- From Disney’s Bambi: “THE MEADOW!” say this every time you go into an open field of any sort.
- From Forrest Gump (easily the most quotable movie ever): “I’m not a smart man…” say it with a lazy Alabama accent anytime you’re feeling particularly stupid.
- From Disney’s The Jungle Book: “It’s too big around!” say this when you’re in need of a good That’s What She Said joke.
- From Old Yeller: “There ain’t nothing to do in that big ole backyard!” say this as an excuse to not go outside.
- From Titanic: “I KNOW WHAT ICE FISHING IS!” it is very important that you scream this at anyone who doubts your knowledge of ice fishing.
- From The Great Race: “Brandy! More Brandy!” say this when you’re at a party and your glass of alcohol is empty and you need more.
- From The New Guy: “You lookin’ at my Janet?!” say this when you catch someone looking at you inappropriately.
- From There’s Something About Mary: “Is that what you want? A farter?!” make sure you say this with a British accent (so farter sounds like “fah-tah”) when you’re asking your friend why she’s dating such a douchebag.
- From Eurotrip: “Nowhere. Near. Berlin.” say this when you’re going literally anywhere except Berlin, Germany. Joel and I said this line about a gazillion times on our honeymoon.
- From The Jerk: “You should call him ‘Shit Head'” say this when your friend asks for suggestions on what he should name his new dog.
- From Disney’s Robin Hood: “Move it, Creepy!” this is just a generally good road raging line.
- From 10 Things I Hate About You: “That was Costa Rican, Butthead!” obviously say this anytime you spill your coffee.
The list could go on and on… but I’ll stop there and give everyone a chance to use one of these gems sometime today. I, personally, just spilled what was left of my coffee down my shirt so you know which line I’ll be using ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .