My future father-in-law has told me, on multiple occasions, that sometimes it’s not what you know, but who you know, you know? I think he was specifically talking about his daughter (my future sister-in-law), Laura. She is one of our family’s very own celebrities (after this post goes live, I’ll consider myself a celebrity as well). Not only is she a staff writer for the world famous A Beautiful Mess, but she has her own personal blog that, like, legit rules. (We even collaborated one time before).
When you get to know a person by following them all over the Internet, there’s a chance you don’t actually know him/her at all… Since I have a real life, personal relationship with @gummergal, I want to take this opportunity to let the rest of the world get to really know the real Laura Gummerman.
1. Describe your style in 1-5 words. Either extremely casual or slightly outrageous. (e.i. t-shirt and jeans or long feather dress).
[I’m no mathematician, but that was more than 5 words]
2. Who is your #1 style icon? Heidi Klum on her days off mixed with Brigitte Bardot.
3. Besides your winning personality/sense of humor, what is your best feature? (smile? hair? boobs? idk) Hmmm, I probably get the most hair compliments from strangers so I’ll say hair. And I think I actually have pretty decent hands which is why I’m branching into professional hand modeling like George from Seinfeld. I’ve already let it go to my head.
4. What song would you want to play when you walk into a room that would make you feel like a badass? You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
5. What beauty product(s) can you not live without? Three things. Eyebrow pencil (I have, like, no eyebrows otherwise), under eye concealer stick, and coconut oil for my supes dry face.
6. Are you currently binge watching anything, Netflix or otherwise? Re-watching The Mindy Project so I can get to the new episodes that just came out and we just caught up on Last Man on Earth all in one night recently. Mindy is my jaaaaaam.
7. What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve ever had? Probably when I recreated the red dress and was Buttercup from The Princess Bride. Todd shaved the grossest little pencil mustache to be Westley, but it was awesome!
8. If you and Todd (your husband) could take another international vacation together, where would you want to go? I’d go straight back to Paris! This time I’d head down to the southern coast as well though so we’d get some beach action in.
9. Does Todd agree with your previous answer? Totally! We didn’t want to leave at all when it was time to go! Croissants, late dinners, people watching, authentic Italian pizza…it’s my spot.
10. Besides my winning personality/sense of humor, what is your favorite thing about me? How you are the perfect mix of JLaw and Amy Schumer, how we always like the same exact things, and happy you make my brother (tear face emoji).
11. When you found out that your little brother was dating someone, did you find me online? i.e. cyber stalk? Duhzizes! Of course. I was glad to see how funny you were, but the internet did not prepare me for how tall you are in person…I totally felt like a pocket Kardashian when I hugged you.
12. What is your favorite thing about writing your own blog? That it’s all about MEEEEE!!! JK. That I can do whatever I want whenever I want. It’s a pretty casual set-up since it’s for fun and not my main source of income, so I just post whatever I like. And I like to hear from other Band Wives that are like, “Yo. This life is cray-cray, right? Thanks for keeping it real.” And I’m like, “Word girl, you know I do what I do.” It’s a little weird community.
13. What are your least and top favorite current fashion trends? Uh, least is the “homeschooled in the 90’s” look with the tiny flower print culottes and favorite trend is “cool in school in the 90’s” with grungy influenced ripped denim and plaid options.
14. What’s your drink of choice? Boring old red wine because it’s low in sugar and my weird body does well with that sort of thing. Favorite gross bar/bowling alley drink is a cherry cheesecake with vanilla vodka and cranberry juice. It’s 100% sugar.
15. Give me an example of your biggest fashion mistake and your biggest fashion win. Biggest fashion mistake was when I was 13 and liked the baggy jean look but didn’t actually own any baggy jeans so I took my low crotch overalls and tucked the bib and straps into the inside of the pants. Voila! Baggy crotch pants! The buckles inside the legs would jingle when I walked and my sister Rachel would only walk 20 feet behind me when we went to the mall. Biggest win? Maybe my all black ensemble I wore in Paris this summer. A feather skirt, cropped boxy top, ankle breaking heels and a vintage pink Hermes scarf- on point son!
There you have it, folks, a little insight to your other favorite blonde blogger. And if you were wondering, yes, Laura is just as beautiful in person. Sometimes I stare at her face to find maybe a single pore(?) and have had no such luck. More important than looks, though, is her sense of humor. She is one of only two or three people who is funnier than me, which means she is DEFINITELY funnier than you. Love you, Lah-Rah!