I might literally be the most sensitive person in the entire world. On a scale of 1-10, anytime I’m feeling an emotion at a 6 or higher, I’m crying…
Frustration? fists and teeth clenched while crying
Happiness? hardcore happy tears
Nervousness? shaky cries
Surprise? holding back tears, but they’re there…
Sadness? I have an ugly cry that rivals Clair Danes’ Homeland character
Fear? okay I actually don’t cry when I’m afraid… JK… you just can’t see me because I’m probably hiding from the scary thing.
I’m not sure what part of my genetic makeup causes me to leak from the face. Am I broken? I can’t watch a Zillow commercial without having a breakdown. But I am what I am, and sometimes, I err on the emotional side. It’s taken me a while, but I’m finally becoming okay with this part of myself and learning to live with it. Here are some reasons I’ve cried lately:
- I started following @melanieraccoon on Instagram and she’s so cute I can’t help but get teary eyed every time I see her. When she dresses up as a person, I lose my shit.
- It was my birthday.
- I saw a plastic bag floating through the air and I cried because, a. it was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen, and b. pollution sucks.
- I get happy when I think about getting married in 5 months that I cry because it’s so close.
- I get sad when I think about getting married in 5 months and I cry because it seems like it’s such a long way away.
- Sometimes when I’m driving I start crying if a sad song comes on my playlist and then I cry even harder because I can’t see the road.
I am woman, hear me